TOWNLAND has been commissioned by various Authorities and Government bodies to assist in the formulation of development policies, guidelines and implementation strategies. The Company has also been instrumental in preparing development models (including development parameters, hard and soft infrastructure) for a wide typology of land uses that have since been implemented throughout Hong Kong such as Business Parks, Science Parks and Senior Citizen Residents (SEN).
- Study on Provision of Sports Facilities in Hong Kong – Recommendation of revisions to the Hong Kong Planning Standards and Guidelines in relation to the future provision of sports facilities in Hong Kong. The study is prepared in accordance with Government’s three-pronged strategy towards sports development, namely to promote sport in the community, to support elite sport and to make Hong Kong a centre for major international sports events.
- Study on Planning for Pedestrians – Formulation of a broad planning and development framework for more effective pedestrian planning within the metropolitan areas of Hong Kong through an integrated approach to traffic management, land use planning controls and guidelines for pedestrian provision. Study recommendations have been adopted into the Hong Kong Planning Standards and Guidelines.
- Study on the Propensity for Office Decentralisation and the Formulation of an Office Land Development Strategy – A sectoral planning strategy for the preferred spatial pattern of commercial and Government office developments, including identification of non-CBD secondary office locations.
- Study on the Restructuring of Obsolete Industrial Areas – A Strategy for renewal (both rehabilitation and redevelopment) of HK’s obsolete flatted factories
- Study on the Provision of Industrial Premises and the Development of Planning Guidelines and Design Parameters for New Industrial Areas and Business Parks – Recommended revisions to the Hong Kong Planning Standards and Guidelines for new industrial areas based on an Investigation of future trends in industrial sector development in Hong Kong and the Region. This included specific consideration of the need for and development standards for Business Park development at lower densities and higher environmental standards.
- Integrated Harbour Vision and Plan for Victoria Harbour – Provision of a business case for Victoria Harbour for the Business Environment Council
- TA-9035 PRC: Strategy for Inclusive and Green Development of Small Cities, Towns and Villages Jiangxi Province, PRC – The core objective of this Project, undertaken with Urbanlogic Limited, is to achieve a new Provincial Development Strategy and Policy Framework for Jiangxi Province, which is practical and implementable and includes a sustainable planning and development framework for investment in environmental, economic and social infrastructure, together with the institutional structures, financing and capacity building to achieve on-ground implementation. The three primary outputs of this Project include: a Development Framework and Investment Program; policy recommendations and a framework for institutional support structure; and increased capacity for inclusive, green, sustainable and coordinated development of small cities, towns and villages in Jiangxi Province. Geographical coverage of the Project is concentrated on small cities, towns and villages and their rural hinterlands, across 100 counties/districts in Jiangxi Province.